Update 25 February 2018: If you are having trouble with Netlify the answer is very often “Retry deploy” with “Clear build cache” checked.
According to the web UI, I have been publishing projects from GitHub with Netlify for 4 months now (since 24 Oct. 2017), including this site.
Odds are high I will write more about this soon. At this point, I can recommend them to anyone looking to host static sites with them, whether open source or private repos:
This free plan can be used on personal and commercial projects (even with private code)
some of the features included in the new, free Bronze plan:
- HTTPS with Custom Domains and Domain Aliases
- Let’s Encrypt and Custom HTTPS certificates
- Continuous Deployment
- Instant Cache Invalidation and Atomic Deploys
- Deploy Previews and Deep Git Integration
- Branch-Based Split Testing
- CDN-Level Proxying
- GeoIP and Language-Based Redirects
- Integrated DNS hosting
- Asset Acceleration
- Form Processing
- Redirect and Rewrite Rules
- Custom HTTP Headers
- Client-Side Routing Support
To the entire Netlify (OSS) crew, thank you.